EUROCENTRE, a multi-modal logistics hub on 300 hectares, is located 15 km north of metropolitan Toulouse, with showcase frontage on the Atlantic-Mediterranean turnpike (Bordeaux-Toulouse-Narbonne) and the A 20 (Paris-Toulouse).
By combining rail/road/turnpike facilities, this hub (one of the most important logistics centers in southern Europe in terms of size and the quality of its facilities) offers suitable logistics solutions:
- over 200 hectares of constructible land, railway sidings
- Logistis : logistics rental facilities of 120,000 m²
ALBASUD (Montauban, Tarn-et-Garonne):
South of Montauban, on over 120 hectares, bordering the A20 (Toulouse-Paris), 5 km from the Atlantic-Mediterranean turnpike (Bordeaux-Toulouse-Narbonne) and 20 minutes from Toulouse-Blagnac airport, this site provides premises for over a hundred companies and businesses (2000 jobs).
A 60-hectare extension (Albasud II), equipped with a rail connection to the Paris/Toulouse line, has been developed specifically for logistics platforms; TNT Logistics moved into its 27,000 m² warehouse in February 2003, and two other companies are due to follow shortly.
CAHORS-SUD (Cahors, Lot):
The Cahors-Sud zone is located south of Cahors, at a crossroads of expressways: the A20 (Paris-Toulouse- Barcelona) completed in June 2003, 40 minutes from the A62 (Bordeaux-Toulouse-Narbonne) and the future A89 (Bordeaux-Clermont Ferrand-Lyons).
The zone currently covers 55 hectares and offers the infrastructures and real estate necessary for the installation of logistics facilities of up to 20,000 m². The zone has all necessary services (restaurant, hotel, business service center, high-speed Internet), and can be connected to the railway system by siding or platform. The zone also borders the RN 20 highway and the Cahors-Lalbenque airport (freight, commercial and private aviation).
Millau-Larzac (La Cavalerie, Aveyron)
The Millau-Larzac business zone, 15 minutes from the center of Millau and 55 minutes from Montpellier, is located near the southern entrance of the Millau viaduct (direct access to the A75 turnpike), the town of Cavalerie, and the Millau-Larzac business airport, and 1:10 from the Montpellier-Mediterranean airport.
Millau-Larzac draws on the Millau labor pool (60,000 inhabitants). Industrial businesses located near the logistics zone employ 180 people and concern primarily construction of mobile homes, windows and bathroom fixtures.
PYRENE AERO POLE (Tarbes, Hautes-Pyrenees):
The only true multimodal rail—road—air hub in greater southwest France, this zone is also equipped with high-speed transmission facilities. It is located within the Tarbes Lourdes Pau triangle, bordering the Tarbes-Lourdes-Pyrenees International airport.
The site has flat lots available offering flexible modularity, and ranging in size from 2000 m² to 10 hectares, in a high-quality environment on a site designed for three distinct types of operations: tertiary (20 hectares) industrial (130 hectares) and logistics. 3000 people already work in this zone.
The hub, which was designed to evolve, consists of a first phase of fifty hectares, and can develop on several hundred hectares. It is the first hub on the French side of the Central Pyrenees Crossing.
LE MAS DE REST (Gaillac, Tarn):
20 minutes from Albi, 40 minutes from Toulouse, in the municipality of Gaillac, Mas de Rest industrial zone covers 67 hectares, equipped with green spaces and a “truckers’ village” with all necessary services.
Bordered by the D 988 (to Toulouse), the D 999 (to Montauban) and the Toulouse—Albi rail line, the site has immediate access to the A 68 which links the capital of the Tarn to Metropolitan Toulouse. The zone will include a real-estate development program of 50,000 m², comprised of warehouses for storage-distribution, a cross-docking platform, and buildings dedicated to related operations (packaging, processing, and client relation centers)
ZA GABRIELAT (Pamiers, Ariege):
The advantages of this business zone are:
- easy access to Toulouse (40 min) and the Autoroute de Deux Mers (Bordeaux-Montpellier-Barcelona) via the A66.
- the strategic position of its building sites in relation to major European transport itineraries, particularly the route connecting the Rhone Valley to Barcelona via the E9 European highway, and the Puymorens tunnel through the Pyrenees.
The Freight Zone at Toulouse-Blagnac Airport
Toulouse-Blagnac is the 1st busiest airport outside of Paris in terms of air freight tonnage:
- Its freight traffic has doubled in 10 years,
- 51,851 tons were handled in 2004,
- 218 commercial flights per day on average;
- Over 500 people work day and night at the site
- 89% of its operations concern freight and 11% handle mail
With the development of 16,000 m2 of warehouses and 2,400 m2 of office space , the freight zone provides premises for:
- airport assistance companies : France Handling,SFS (Société de Fret et de Services), Air France Cargo
- airlines specializing in air freight : Air France Cargo, Lufthansa Cargo AG, EuropAirpost
- express freight/integrators : Chronopost, DHL Worldwide Express, Jet Services, TAT Express, TNT GD Express Worldwide, UPS
- 15 forwarding agents and air-brokers Two special players:
- EuropeAirpost(formerly Aeropostale, the oldest air-freight carrier): carries passengers during the day and cargo at night,
- Airbus Transport International and its “Belugas” able to carry up to 47 tons