Specific Training Programs for all Logistics Professions
9 diploma programs from CAP (vocational) to Bac Professionnel (professional secondary qualification) including BEP and a complementary program offered by a CFA (adult training center), 1 lycée and 7 different professional lycées :
|CAP/BEP/Complementary Program - 5 programs:
Distribution and warehouse technician
Driving and services in road transport
Warehousing and express shipping technician
Rail transport operating technician (apprenticeship, 1 year alternating on the job/in class)
||Professional Secondary - 4 programs:
- Maintenance of automated mechanical systems, Option C: rail systems – apprenticeship or vocational courses
- Logistics of distribution
- Transport operation
Technical courses - 4 BTS programs
Engineering technical assistant
Design of industrial products
BTS in Industrial Maintenance
University Programs - IUP, IUT (professional and technical institutes associated with universities)
- Chemical engineering, process engineering: IUT/ Paul Sabatier University - Toulouse
- Industrial engineering and maintenance: IUT - Blagnac/University of Toulouse-Le Mirail
- Organization and production engineering: IUT - Rodez/University of Social Sciences - Toulouse
- Master 2 (Professional) Transport Law: Institute of International Studies and Development (IEID)/Toulouse University of Social Sciences
- Master 2 (Research) Industrial Economy of Transport and Networks: Faculty of Economics/Toulouse University of Social Sciences
Grandes Ecoles (Prestigious Engineering Schools)
Certain Grandes Ecoles in Midi-Pyrenees have created specific departments to train executives in logistics for supply chain management.
Agribusiness School - SUP’IAA
Institute of Higher Education in Transport and International ILogistics - ISTELI
(recently implemented by the AFT-IFTIM Group)
National Civil Aviation School - ENAC
- Special Masters in Aeronautics Operations and Air Traffic Management
- Special Masters in Airport Management
- Special Master in Air Transport Management, in partnership with ESCT
National School of Engineering for Aeronautics Construction - ENSICA
- DEA in Economy of Aerospace Transport
National Aerospace Engineering School - SUPAERO
- DEA in Economy of Aerospace Transport
Toulouse Business School - ESCT
- Special Masters in Logistics, Purchasing and International Trade, in partnership with Promotrans
- Special Masters in Air transport Manangement, in partnership with ENAC
Mining School of Albi- Carmaux - ENSTIMAC
- Doctorate in Management of Production and Logisitics Network Flows
European Institute of Logistics - IEL - of the Promotrans Group
- Certificate of Advanced Specialization in Logistics (5-year program)
Several centers in the Midi-Pyrenees region offer FIMO courses ( Minimum initial compulsory training for professional drivers - 156 hrs) and FCOS (compulsory on-going safety courses of 3 days every 5 years) for truck drivers.
- ECF Ariege, ECF Montauban, ECF Sacareau,
- GIE Fauvel Formation EDS,
- GRETA Toulouse, GRETA Tarn et Garonne,
In parallel to these initial training courses, post-secondary courses of 2, 3 and 4 years are offered by 5 organizations in Midi-Pyrenees, which are actively involved in professional training in transport and logistics.
Training Institute for International Trade of Mazamet - IFCIM (Tarn):
This Institute offers students with 2 years of university education (and a good level of English) a curriculum in Industrial Logistics leading to various professions: logistics and/or transport manager, supply-chain manager, logistics analyst, logistics organization manager, production manager.
AFT-IFTIM in Toulouse, Tarbes and Le Sequestre (Tarn):
This professional training association offers many courses in “goods transport” and “logistics operations.” A total of 59 modules are available in management, law, tax and social security, marketing/sales, operational techniques, maintenance, hazardous goods/safety/environment, vehicle and equipment operation, handling, warehousing, and aero-maritime specializations.
Promotrans Group in Toulouse:
Initially Promotrans was an on-going training center providing courses for driver personnel (FIMO, FCOS, CFP, Hazardous Materials Transport), warehousing (CACES forklift operator, Warehouse technician/Order preparation) and management personnel (courses in management, regulations, preparation of certificates of capacity), Promotrans transferred its emphasis to higher education in order to offer companies in all sectors a pool of future professionals: students in alternating programs (BTS in Transport, SUP’de LOG/operational management of a logistics unit – 4 year program), logistics managers (specialized Masters in Logistics, Purchasing and International Trade, refresher courses for working executives (management, purchasing/supply, CAM and Supply Chain, international transport, warehouse logistics)
Sud Management in Agen:
This training institute, in partnership with Sup’IAA offers an undergraduate course in logistics for perishable and fragile goods.
Demos Group in Toulouse:
This organization is involved in on-going professional training of salaried personnel and job seekers in the field of transport–customs.